|1001 Inventions by Muslims Awarded|
A Muslim scientist who helped chart the lost innovations of Islam in the book “1001 Inventions: Muslim Heritage in Our World”, has recently been granted a fellowship by the British Science Association for his efforts.
Over the last two decades, Professor Salim Al-Hassani has helped reclaim Islamic scientific, artistic and technological advances which have been marginalized or simply forgotten in a world focused on Western advancements.
Professor Al-Hassani told IslamOnline.net that “the 1001 Inventions project is about the history of science and focuses upon the thousand year period from the 7th century onwards that is currently under-appreciated by many around the world.”
In fact, the period between the 7th and 17th centuries has been labeled as the ‘Dark Ages’ in the West despite the exceptional scientific advances in the Muslim world.
Al Jazeera’s Environmental Show
Al Jazeera’s Medical Show – The Cure
- 'One Book, Many Communities': Reading As a Form of Protest wp.me/pHopc-50r via @arablit @oomkzine @_HFZL_ 3 days ago
- Catching a rare glimpse of N Korea festivity aje.me/1ymGm3W via @AjEnglish 1 week ago
- Malala and Nabila: worlds apart aje.me/1aNUeXU Silly title but an important read on @AjEnglish 1 week ago
- 35,585 hits
- Upcoming “Policy Week” events – of trade deals and arsenic October 24, 2014
- Making Food Fair – Exploring solutions to the many faces of food poverty October 21, 2014
- Democracy in Manchester – the grubby grubby reality October 21, 2014
- Scrutiny Week October 2014 #Manchester City Council October 20, 2014
Br00ke on SISTERS – The Green Edit… agogo22 on Big Issue North: Predict &… Green Prophet on SISTERS – The Green Edit…